The provision of high quality Stop Smoking Service is a priority for Wolverhampton City Council and is seen as a key means of obtaining health improvement.
The service provides intensive support to smokers in Wolverhampton who want to stop. It is run by advisors who have received the appropriate training and work in the community pharmacy.
The service will provide evidence based smoking cessation interventions, monitoring and follow up. Each client will be seen weekly for the first month, offered behavioural support and nicotine replacement therapy, if appropriate, to support the quit attempt. The support can last for up to 12 weeks.
- Smoking remains the leading cause of death and illness in the UK.
- Smoking can contribute towards to the development of many diseases but is most commonly linked with cancer, cardio vascular disease and respiratory disease.
- Smokers who want to stop
- Appointments may be necessary during normal opening hours of the pharmacy.
- Some pharmacies may run drop in clinics.
- A private consultation room will be used.
Please see the NHS Choices Pharmacy Finder link for opening hours and availability.